Monday, February 3, 2014

Why I Art Journal



 Hi there, I know it's been yet another month but well here I am again! This past weekend I had a small meetup with a few other crafty ladies at my house. Both of which were scrapbookers and had never really heard of art journaling, I showed them my journals and watched as they flipped through the pages. They asked how I got started and then one of them asked me why I art journal. Well it got me thinking why do I art journal? I have a few answers first I said simply because I love it I love taking paper and paint and making something beautiful.

 When I first started art journaling, I needed it, like really needed that outlet to gush all of my thoughts out on a page and then to cover them with paint. So why has that changed so much over the past four years? Now a days I write one word or a few little things that are running through my head. There are days when I pick up my journal turn to a blank page and find myself writing, but per usual it gets covered.  I guess I have changed and my need for art journaling has changed.

I art journal because it soothes ans awakens me, it sets me free, it lets me be messy and be a bit of a mad scientist. I love it so, my journals and the pages that fill them are a peek into my soul. So ask yourself why do you art journal? You never know what answer you might come up with.








No comments:

Post a Comment